Bellydancers are supple, feminine, earthly, mysterious, playful and strong.
That dancer is you! Come learn among friends and awaken your inner fire.
Build community and self-knowledge while honoring the inner divine feminine.
Bellydance class in West Seattle @ Youngstown Cultural Arts Center
Six week sessions, Wednesday nights
Next session begins Jan 11, 2017
Drop-in students are welcome at 6pm and 7pm
6pm - 6:50pm - Toolbox
- Beginning technique
- Intro to history and music
- Building strong basic dance skills
- Basic alignment
- figure 8, circles, spirals and undulations
- Beautiful arms and hands gestures
This class focuses on solid foundation work for new dancers. As with the practice of yoga, experienced dancers can deepen their practice of bellydance by working thoughtfully into the fundamentals as your body and mind open and are prepared to learn more subtle nuances in these powerful foundational moves.
7:00pm - 7:50pm - Bellydance Workout
- Mixed level - EVERYONE IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND
- Exercise class will invigorate your body and deepen your capacity and understanding of isolations. Sweating and laughing will be on the agenda. This class is to shake everything loose, lengthen, strengthen and elongate your muscles. You will work hard and you will love it. Challenging yet accessible for all fitness levels and dancers. Promise.
8:00 - 8:50pm - Sacred Geometry
Invitation Only - Students must contact the instructor prior to enrollment
- Continuing Bellydance Class and the home of the performance collective "Sirens of Serpentine"
- Finger cymbals, veil, turn and isolation drills, cheeky combos and choreography
- Performance skills and preparation for "Sirens of Serpentine" performance(s) June
All performances are 100% optional and open to all members of this class.
Winter Series: Jan 11, 18, 25, Feb 1, 8, 15
Spring Series: Mar 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 Apr 5
Summer Series: Apr 19, 26, May 3, 10, 17, 24
Art Carnival Rehearsal - June 7, 2017 7-9pm
Bellydance Back to School ~ Sleep Over Retreat ~ Forest Fairies - Sept 16 - 17, 2017 Frame Drum Workshops, Finger Cymbals and Sound Bath ~ Camp Long ~Location is unconfirmed until after the first week of the New Year.
Follow the tea lights and tingling bells over the arched bridge into the deep green sacred glen of the fairies ~
Fall Series: Sept 20, 27 Oct 4,11, 18, 25
Holiday Series: Nov 8, 15, (No class Nov 22 - Thanksgiving) 29, Dec 6, 13, 20
Drop-in's welcome at 6pm and 7pm.
$100 for one series (6 classes) / Two series (12 classes) for $125! - Most Students take a technique class & workout
Three Class Series (Available only to Sirens) $175
Drop-ins $20 per class or $30 for two in the same evening
Advance payments can be made via Paypal. Paypal excepts all major credit cards.
Credit cards, cash or checks are accepted on-site
Youngstown Cultural Arts Center
4408 Delridge Way SW
Seattle, WA, 98106
Free parking in the lot beside the building or on the street
Be sure to tell your friends. The only thing better then taking bellydance classes is taking them with your friends!
What should I wear to class?
Yoga or any exercise type clothes are perfect. Wearing a hip scarf will help you see hip isolations more clearly in the mirror. You can purchase scarves with coins or beads or just grab a beautiful scarf from home that you can tie around your waist to start. Some students like to get a little more dressed up in long skirts or harem style pants with a pretty top. There are LOTS of fun costume things that you can experiment with down the line but there really isn't much that you need to get started.
What music, books and videos do you recommend for students?
Check out this Student Resource List to view an Amazon.com list of suggestions I set up!
To get more information on upcoming classes or private lessons: Email- Classes